junho 11, 2011

Biscoito

teddy bear cucake toppers
I loved making the fondant cupcake toppers for Easter so much. So I came up with these sweet teddy bear cupcake toppers. I have made them in pink and blue and they are just perfect for a baby shower.
teddy bear fondant cupcake toppers
This is what I use:
Rolled fondant icing
Tylo powder
Rolling pin
Tylo glue
Small brush
Gel paste colors
Small blossom cutter with ejector (PME)
Teddy bear embosser from the Cradle 3D set (PatchWork Cutters)
Round cookie cutter (40mm)
Round scallop cookie cutter 2 1/4″ (58mm)
Round Piping tip no 2
Round piping tip with a 10mm opening
A little cornstarch for dusting and a small knife (not showing) if you want to make the tiny leaves on the girl cupcake toppers
Start adding some tylo powder to your white base. This will help the cupcake toppers to hold the shape better when they are placed in the frosting.
Step 1:
Roll out the white fondant to a 3 mm thickness and cut out circles with the scallop cookie cutter. Place them on a lightly cornstarch dusted tray as you go.
Teddy bear fondant cupcake toppers
Step 2:
Take the round piping tip and “cut out” a small hole in each of the scallops.
teddy bear fondant cupcake toppers
Step 3:
Use another color of rolled fondant for the center of the cupcake toppers and roll out the fondant to a 2mm thickness. Cut out circles with the 40mm cookie cutter.
teddy bear fondant cupcake toppers
Step 4:
Use the large teddy bear embosser from the Patchwork cutter Cradle set and emboss the “center circle”.
teddy bear fondant cupcake toppers
Step 5:
Next brush a little tylo glue on the back of the embossed circle and place it in the middle of the white base.
Step 6:
If you like, you can glue on a couple of small blossoms and tiny leaves for the girl cupcake toppers.
TIP! I make the leaves out of tiny pieces of rolled fondant. Roll them into a small tear drop shape and make a little vein with a small knife.
teddy bear fondant cupcake toppers
Step 7:
For the boys, I have made a small ball. Roll out your fondant thinly. Use the round piping tip with the 10mm opening and cut out some dots. Use the end of the no 2 piping tip and emboss the middle of the ball.
teddy bear fondant cupcake toppers
Step 8:
Attache the small ball with a little brush of tylo glue.
teddy bear fondant cupcake toppers
Let the cupcake toppers dry thoroughly before use.
Happy Caking!
Louise

CakeJournals May favourites

Posted on May 31st, 2011 in Cake Lounge
Here are the favourites of May…
New letter cutters? I have been looking a lot at the Groovy Clikstix letter cutters from Windsor Tooling Company. These fun letter cutters comes with an ejector on the back for a quick and easy release. I love that there is an ejector. Because I often use a small needle to get my letters out from my Tappit cutters. 
If you too love the groovy letters? Then here are three stores where you can get the Clikstix cutters from: UK,US & AU
How get a deep red or black rolled fondant:
Crystal colors
Normally I buy my red and black fondant pre colored. Because it is really hard getting a nice deep color. When doing it yourself. So when I found a great tip on how to mix both powder and gel colors. I had to try it out. It really works. I start with the powder and then I add the gel paste color. The fondant will not get too wet and soft when coloring it this way. You can see the deep red fondant on my Valentine cookies.

When I make red and black fondant I like to use Crystal Colors: Poinsetta and Charcoal, together with AmeriColors: Super red and super black gel colors.
Happy Caking!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário